Building a Brand Committed to Sustainability and Social Impact with Kelly Barrett from Underwear for Humanity
Welcome to another enlightening episode of the Bright Minds of e-Commerce. In today’s conversation, we sit down with Kelly Barrett, the visionary founder of Underwear for Humanity. As an advocate for sustainability, Kelly has taken e-commerce to new heights with her profound commitment to ethical and eco-conscious practices. In this episode, we delve into the fascinating journey of Underwear for Humanity, Kelly shares her experiences, challenges, and triumphs, offering key takeaways for e-commerce entrepreneurs.
In today’s episode you’ll learn:
- The importance of approaching business with a thoughtful and deliberate mindset, avoiding rushed decisions.
- Why sustainability should be a top priority for your brand and how to prioritise it even if it means facing delays.
- The journey towards B Corp certification and the benefits of working with a consultant in this process.
- Strategies for educating your customers about sustainable practices and managing their expectations, fostering a cultural shift.
- How to implement recycling initiatives and the impact of repurposing old underwear and bras.
- Incorporating socially regenerative business practices, from working with underrepresented suppliers to ethical manufacturing and fair wages.
- The concept of one-for-one donations and how it leads to continuous charitable contributions.
- The idea of living in “flow” in business, embracing possibilities, and avoiding excessive control.
- Embedding sustainability in various aspects of your business, including sourcing, supplier relationships, office practices, and charitable initiatives.
The Bright Minds of eCommerce podcast is designed to share the inner workings of the eCommerce world. Sharing success stories from successful entrepreneurs as well as advice from eCommerce experts.
Hosted by Dahna Borg – Founder of Bright Red Marketing – specialists in eCommerce advertising.
Read the full transcript here